January 4, 2024
Message from a Mediterranean Samurai
In 1585 the Tensho Mission, the first Japanese embassy to Europe, visited Spain, and in 1614 the Keicho Embassy was established in Coria del Río (Seville), led by the noble Samurai Hasekura Tsunenaga and composed of Japanese merchants and 22 Samurai.
Although in the end the desired trade agreement was not sealed, the Keicho embassy left a deep mark: a group of Samurai who, fascinated by the warmth and passion of the Spanish, decided to stay in our country. The first “Mediterranean Samurai”.
For all these reasons, 4 centuries later, in 2018, coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Spain and Japan, I decided to launch this microsite with the following objectives and philosophy:
* Samurai Mediterraneos is a non-profit project born of HJAPÓN’s corporate social responsibility, with the aim of promoting bilateral cultural relations between Japan and Spain, through its historical connection for 4 centuries.
* Publicize the history of the Keicho embassy and the associations, publications and videos or films dedicated to them. And to promote actions and events aimed at spreading these fascinating historical facts in our country.
* Present and promote the concept “Mediterranean Samurai”: the perfect fusion of Japanese culture and values with Mediterranean passion and creativity.
* To be a meeting point for companies, entities and relevant people who identify with this concept and are “Mediterranean Samurai” in their professional and/or personal activity.
* Publicize and promote projects and activities of the “Mediterranean Samurai” alone or in common.
I hope that this humble initiative is of your interest and that you enjoy its contents that we will expand and renew regularly.
We invite you to continue knowing this project through all its sections
And, of course, if you or your company are also “Mediterranean Samurai”, we invite you to collaborate with us and participate in this project.
And if you wish you can contact us, via email: